Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Girl in the Race

"America, this is our moment. This is our time. Our time to turn the page on the policies of the past. Our time to bring new energy and new ideas to the challenges we face. Our time to offer a new direction for this country that we love."

BARACK OBAMA am 3. Juni 2008 in St. Paul, Minnesota, als er nach Ende des Vorwahlkampfes die Nominierung sicher hatte und sich selbst zum demokratischen Präsidentschaftskandidaten ausrief.

"Today, as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary race he has run. I endorse him, and throw my full support behind him. And I ask all of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me. I have served in the Senate with him for four years. I have been in this campaign with him for 16 months. I have stood on the stage and gone toe-to-toe with him in 22 debates. I have had a front row seat to his candidacy, and I have seen his strength and determination, his grace and his grit. In his own life, Barack Obama has lived the American Dream."

HILLARY CLINTON am 9. Juni 2008 in Washington, D.C., als sie ihren Wahlkampf offiziell beendete und zur Unterstützung Barack Obamas aufrief.

"He's the girl in the race. Clinton came out tough; she voted for the war. Obama came out as the person bringing people together and offering messages of hope and reconciliation."

MARIE WILSON von der Organisation White House Project, die Frauen in Führungspositionen bringen möchte, im jüngsten "Time Magazine".